Peaceful Pregnancy Tea by Birds & Bees Teas
Looking for a good supplement for your prenatal pills? This blend is a prenatal supplement you can make into a tea! This caffeine free blend is high in essential nutrients and trace minerals necessary during preconception, pregnancy and beyond.
Although it does not replace real foods and a good food based prenatal vitamin, it was formulated to be enjoyed daily as a part of your nutritional self-care. Raspberry Leaf infusion is frequently recommended for use throughout pregnancy and we have combined it with herbs that nourish deeply and impart a sense of peace and calmness to make it the best preggie tea around!
Ingredients that Matter
What it Means to Be Organic, All Natural, and Caffeine Free
Organic! All Natural! Caffeine Free!
One or more of these proclamations emblazons many foods, cosmetics, and healthcare products. They sound straightforward and unequivocal, but what do they really mean? Organic, All Natural, and Caffeine Free have become such buzzwords in our culture that it can be difficult to discern the facts from the emotional impact they carry. Let’s take a closer look at each one of them to help you understand what we mean when we make these statements about Birds and Bees Teas.
When used in reference to any agricultural product (food, cosmetic, fiber, herbal medicine), organic is a legally defined term that stipulates that a product is produced without the use of synthetic fertilizers, herbicides, or pesticides, and that certain prescribed agriculture practices are adhered to. We believe that organic agriculture is environmentally safer and more long-term sustainable than most conventional agricultural practices, and we are dedicated to supporting organic and small-scale farmers by using only certified organically grown herbs. Here are a few of the most important reasons why we choose organic:
- Organic farming practices significantly reduce or eliminate toxic waste products that find their way into the soil, water, air, and the bodies of humans and other animals.
- Organic farming practices create and support clean wildlife habitat and encourage diverse ecosystems on the land under cultivation.
- Organic farming practices nurture the soil and reduce or eliminate the loss of topsoil, one of our most precious and undervalued natural resources.
- Organic farming creates a safer, cleaner work environment for both farm workers and farmers and their families.
- Organic regulations prohibit the use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
- Bottom Line: Organic farming is better for the health of people and the environment!
This term is vague, unregulated, and can be exploited to mean just about anything - and essentially nothing. Keep in mind that refined, nutrient-bare white sugar can be touted as “all natural” by the manufacturer. Here at Birds and Bees Teas when we say “All Natural” we specifically mean:
- That our herbal teas contain no preservatives, emulsifiers, or additives of any kind. NONE! Pure and simple, only the unadulterated herbs that appear on our list of ingredients find their way into your cup . . . and into your and your baby’s body.
- The herbs we use have been processed to only the bare minimum necessary to make them usable in our teas.
- Our herbs are as close to the way Nature intended them as possible. To obtain them in a more natural state you would have to get down on all fours and graze the plants in the field.
Caffeine Free: When we say Caffeine Free, we mean exactly that.
Caffeine is one of the most frequently consumed drugs in our society, and worldwide. Caffeine and its derivatives occur naturally in coffee, tea, chocolate, some herbal infusions such as yerba maté, and it is an additive in many soft drinks, “energy” drinks, and a number of over-the-counter drugs. It is also one of the most scientifically studied substances in the human diet, and the results of all these studies are . . . confusing, contradictory, inconclusive, and highly variable: It has been both demonized and sanctified. Many recent studies concur that two factors play major roles in whether caffeine, especially as it occurs in coffee, will enhance or inhibit a person’s health and well-being:
- Genes that determine how an individual’s body metabolizes caffeine
- Amount of caffeine consumed
With such an abundance, and discrepancy, of information available on caffeine consumption, we do not feel it is our place to advise for or against its use. However, we strongly feel that you should be able to choose consciously when and if you intend to take caffeine into your body. Therefore, we assure you that
- caffeine is not a naturally occurring constituent of any of the herbs we use in our teas;
- we do not add any form of caffeine to our products.