Fox 40 Kids Backpack | Deuter
The Fox, our trekking backpack for kids and youngsters, was revised to provide the technical design and high functionality of our "big" backpacks fully adapted to the needs of kids. The Fox also grows with the child thanks to the VariQuick back length adjustment system so they can have fun longer with their adventure backpack.
This full-featured trekking pack delights children aged 7 or more on long journeys, in a tent camp and on scouting hikes. And the best: it's growing! Thanks to the size-adjustable back system, it can be used for many years before young people can switch to our regular models.
The Fox 40 is the larger version of the Fox backpacks. It offers the same great functions as the smaller brother, e.g. the easy-to-carry Alpine Back System, a lot of attachments for material, a waist belt which can be tightened effortlessly, a sternum strap with integrated whistle and much more!
- Slim, flexible back system adapts for children, offering 2 body-hugging soft stripe pads with a channel between for chimneylike ventilation and a reinforced back panel
- Offers quick and easy Variquick incremental adjustment of the torso length, adjusting 11-18 in.
- S-shaped shoulder harness is ergonomic with soft edges and airy 3D mesh lining
- Compact, supple hip fins provide a snug fit and even weight transfer to the hips
- Height- and width-adjustable chest strap with integrated emergency whistle
- Load adjustment straps on the hip fins allow for load control; load adjustment straps at shoulders add stability
- Side bellow pockets; external pocket on lid; valuables pocket on lid interior; stretch side pockets
- Extra gear loops on hipbelt; top lid attachment loops; 2 daisy chains; ice axe/trekking pole attachment loops; grab loop; key clip
- Side compression straps help regulate pack volume
- Hydration system compatible (reservoir sold separately)
- Drawstring closure on top-load opening; double buckle lid closure
- Additional access to main compartment via zippered bottom opening that also stores your sleeping bag
- Reinforced base
- Deuter limited lifetime warranty
|Gear Capacity (L)||
|Gear Capacity (cu. in.)||
2,440 cubic inches
2 lbs. 15 oz.
11 - 18 inches
22 - 40 inches
211 Deuter ripstop fabric/Deuter Super Polytex
|Number of Exterior Pockets||
5 + main compartment
|Sleeping Bag Compartment||